At DoorDash, we’re building the industry’s most scalable and reliable delivery network to support our three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and Dashers. As we continue to scale our engineering organization, our Engineering Enablement team is looking for a program manager who will support onboarding and facilitation, events, operations, and communication for DoorDash Engineering programs.
About the Team
The Engineering Enablement team’s mission is to elevate the productivity, capabilities and unity of the DoorDash Engineering organization. We have a passion for trailblazing and driving creative solutions, often in the form of key programs and resources. The team acts as a trusted partner to our Engineering leadership, central People and Workplace teams, and our efforts directly contribute to building a scalable engineering organization that supports our company roadmap.
About the Role
As a Program Manager, you will both build programs from scratch, such as an early-career experience for engineers, and elevate existing programs such as events and programming at our six Tech Sites in North America. You will work closely with Engineering leadership, cross functional partners, and external vendors. Based on the evolving needs of the organization, your wide range of skills and interests will afford you the opportunity to be constantly learning and delivering impact as you shape and drive strategic projects.
You will report to the Director of Engineering Enablement under the Engineering organization. We expect this role to be hybrid (2-3 days in office per week) and based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be the primary owner of DoorDash’s Engineering early career programming, evaluating and driving improvements over time.
- Be a co-facilitator for onboarding programs, sharing facilitation duties with other team members and coaching and developing their facilitation skills.
- Develop in-person and site-specific programming for Engineering across six tech sites.
- Partner closely with Engineering leaders, cross-functional team members and stakeholders to iterate on the vision, strategy, roadmap and success metrics for all projects you oversee.
- Use data, analytics and anecdotes to develop insights, evaluate success and drive strategic decisions to take your projects to the next level.
- Work closely with other members of the Eng Enablement team. No task is too small, and you are willing to do whatever it takes to help our org and our team successfully deliver its objectives.
- Manage expectations of all stakeholders from leadership to individual teams, use your strong problem solving skills, and earn trust of partners and teams. This includes managing timely and succinct communications to leadership and across teams to ensure accountability and timeline management.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 3-5 years of experience as a program manager, with a proven track record of building, driving and scaling learning programs, preferably within an Engineering team or technology company.
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a training facilitator for Engineering audiences, and can confidently deliver content in a virtual and in-person setting.
- You have experience with event coordination and execution.
- You can partner effectively with and mobilize engineers at scale in service of the work you oversee.
- (Preferred) You have experience designing and delivering early-career and/or onboarding programming for Engineers.
- (Preferred) You have a background in instructional design, and can build content from scratch for both instructor-led and e-learning environments.
- You are curious, growth-minded, and eager to expand your skill set. You are passionate about learning and curriculum development and the art of program management.
- You have strong leadership skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across organizations, bridge gaps between teams, and successfully influence without authority.
- You understand Engineers and enjoy collaborating with them, building trust as you work together to create and deliver training content.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. You are willing to roll up your sleeves, dive into the details to understand and drive your programs, and stay organized to deliver high quality work.
- You are a self starter and can demonstrate adaptability, resilience, and ability to thrive in ambiguity – things can change quickly!
- You know how to balance urgency and priority while moving the needle on multiple initiatives.
Education & Training
- Bachelor's Degree
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.