About the Team
The Trust and Safety team responds to safety incidents on the platform quickly, effectively and empathetically to ensure our consumers, dashers and merchants have a high quality and safe experience. The team is responsible for a variety of safety concerns for our community, including but not limited to: personal safety, threats, property damage, food safety, discrimination and personality disputes. Trust and Safety success relies on our team being able to identify harmful situations, communicate empathetically with survivors and make quick decisions to mitigate future risk. The goal is to provide the best support possible for those who have experienced an incident on the DoorDash platform and restore their status quo.
About the Role
As a Supervisor on our Trust & Safety Team, you’ll lead a team of trained professionals who handle sensitive and complex incidents that impact our users. You'll help ensure our platform members receive the highest level of support with empathy and ethical judgment. You will also set OKRs, develop strategy, and build processes that enable your team to quickly and competently mitigate risk on the platform.
This role requires strong communication skills, and the ability to work cross functionally with stakeholders including Legal, Policy, Strategy & Ops, Support, Analytics, and M-Team to ensure that DoorDash can detect, triage, and prevent safety incidents from occurring on our platform. This position is a tremendous opportunity to join a fast-growing team with an extreme focus on building DoorDash’s Trust and Safety brand, while protecting our community.
You will report into the Manager of Community Response in our Trust & Safety organization. This role is hybrid with the expectation to be in office 2 days a week.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead a team of 14-15 Trust and Safety representatives
- Drive performance by establishing, evaluating and surpassing key performance indicators (KPIs), while fostering employee engagement through dedicated coaching and development of your team
- Manage highly sensitive and complex safety incidents on the platform directly or through delegation to your team
- Partner with Legal, Public Affairs, Public Policy and others ensure we are responding to safety incidents empathetically and effectively
- Build business cases and advocate for product and process improvements based on user feedback
- De-escalate sensitive safety situations and situations where community standards aren’t upheld with empathy and action-oriented support
- Identify areas in our policies / process that need more clarity, and collaborate with others to improve our product, or position on an issue
- Correspond with external partners to provide and receive feedback on processes for continuous improvement
- Execute in short-term sprints while maintaining a vision for long-term sustained success
- Create, distribute, and present impactful and insightful reporting on performance
- Help scale the team and department to keep up with growth of DoorDash
We're excited about you because…
- You have at least 2 years of experience working in Trust and Safety, Risk Management or Fraud
- You have experience with Crisis Management and Incident Response
- You have a minimum of 2-4 years of direct people leadership experience
- You are a reliable and accountable leader with the ability to motivate and lead a team towards achieving targets, while effectively managing career growth and optimizing team performance
- You can handle high stress situations and are a model of resilience to your team
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced, constantly changing team-oriented environment and able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- You are results-oriented, and are constantly evaluating how and whether your team’s activities are achieving the desired, measurable impact
- You have a mind and talent for process improvement
- You have experience working with workforce planning teams
- You have experience pulling data and using data to influence your decisions
- You have knowledge of Salesforce, Chartio, and Excel with the ability to maintain complex spreadsheets
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.