About the Team
DoorDash Drive is looking for you to join our team as an Associate or Senior Associate for our strategy and operations teams.
DoorDash Drive is our company's hyper-growth platform team serving restaurants, grocers and retailers across the United States, Canada and Australia. We're looking for a Strategy & Operations Associate or Senior Associate to help build and shape the future of DoorDash Drive.
About the Role
Strategy & Operations Associates and Sr. Associates are doers responsible for diving into some of our toughest operational problems to understand what’s driving them and running experiments to drive improvement.
Our best Associates are truth seekers who enjoy solving difficult problems, working across the organization and affecting change every day. They combine business context and analytics to take a problem area and implement a customized solution.
In a typical day, you may analyze our data to diagnose and solve problems at the lowest level of detail and use analytical modeling and SQL skills to understand the drivers behind our KPIs. Armed with that data, you’ll then establish the value of new projects, and design and run operational experiments to build the future of Consumer, Dasher, and Merchant experiences on the DoorDash platform and inform our product roadmap. You will work on cross-functional initiatives coordinating across product, engineering, data science, finance, and more to bring projects from 0-1 and 1-100.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Understand the needs of our partners, prioritize those needs by impact, and create solutions with cross-functional partners
- Implement – Build a new DoorDash processes from scratch
- Analyze – Create the analytics infrastructure, metrics and tools to land and grow our most important partners
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Product, Logistics, and Business Development teams to make sure our partners have the best possible experience when using DoorDash's services.
- Build and Experiment – You'll have your fingerprints all over the future of DoorDash Logistics. This means everything from high-level strategy to the operational details.
We’re excited about you because…
- You bring structure to ambiguity. You’re excited to solve big hairy problems and are able to navigate the unknown.
- You’re an analytical powerhouse. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL and modeling in Excel. Experience with data visualization tools (ex. Tableau & Mode) is advantageous.
- You act with urgency. Speed excites you. You prefer an accomplishment today to an accomplishment tomorrow.
- You are a builder. You enjoy building from the ground up and excel in creating structure and process.
- You have 1+ years of experience. You’ve succeeded in a competitive and fast moving environment in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking / analytics; high-growth or early-stage startup experience as well as experience in a customer-facing or relationship management role is advantageous.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.