About the Team
We're looking for a Senior Support Operations Instructional Designer to create new and continuing training materials for employees and our partners across the company.
What is Support Ops? Support Ops is a passionate team that works to provide top-notch escalated support to DoorDash Customers, Merchants, and Dashers whose deliveries have gone awry. The Training Team enables support agents to feel confident in the solutions they provide to customers through new hire and continued education. We aim to be 1% better every day!
About the Role
An experienced Instructional Designer is creative and adaptive, with experience in new learning solutions and asset development. You have adult learning theory in mind. You enjoy partnering with Trainers and partners to up-level the state of current training resources. This is a full-time, salaried position that serves multiple lines of business.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Design, update, and improve upon new hire and refresher materials using an LMS, G Suite, and Adobe Creative Cloud, and Articulate 360
- Use slide decks, videos, infographics, games, interactive learning, and blended approaches
- Identify gaps in training materials and tailor adult learning solutions to content and appropriate audiences
- Partner with teammates to create live and online training materials
- Develop expertise in how DoorDash's processes and resources work
- Implement and use feedback mechanisms with Requestors, Trainers, Learning Consultants, and other IDs to make targeted improvement to training programs and content
- Create and implement a standardized structure and process for cross-functional feedback mechanisms via Storyboarding
- Use your knowledge of processes across the Support Ops team to help managers implement them
- Seek new ways to develop content that's simple and engaging
- Help manage work streams with the ADDIE model of training development
- Put together a learning experience for learner-led content and materials
- Mentoring and managing tasks for fellow Field Associates/SMEs on the team
- Comfortable operating and managing AGILE and Sprint needs for project management
We're excited about you because…
- You love helping people and are passionate about education
- You seek development opportunities within the field of Instructional Design and excel with learning progressive trends in the industry
- You have a One Team One Fight mentality
- You have high bandwidth and no problem juggling multiple tasks at once
- You are a sponge, absorbing the deep knowledge of experts in diverse processes across Support Ops, and instilling them into concise and training materials
- You are not interested in the status quo. You love thinking about new opportunities or process improvement potential
- You are a writer who is whittling complex ideas down to be concise with an eye for design
- You show creativity
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design/Technology, Education, English, or related field.
- 4+ years of recent experience developing training programs and course materials, especially using Adobe CC on Mac OS.
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.