About the Team
As DoorDash's largest core operating team, Customer Experience and Support Operations ensures that when there are bumps in the last-mile there's always someone there to make things right. Our team supports consumers, dashers, and restaurants who need our help and we have a network of thousands of agents answering questions and fixing issues. We are customer obsessed and aim to give each customer who contacts us the best possible experience.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Sr. Manager, Support Operations to develop the operational strategy for and lead the Merchant Experience Partner (MXP) program. This program drives partnership with our merchants to help solve their most pressing issues and provides the opportunity to improve their overall end-to-end merchant experience as we continue to increase our last-mile logistics platform. Merchant Experience Partners (MXPs) play a crucial role within the Customer Experience team by providing our merchants with a direct contact for all of their support needs and focusing their efforts on ensuring overall Merchant success on the DoorDash platform.
MXPs are mapped to a book of business, similar to an account manager or customer success manager. You will be a "leader of leaders" for Merchant Experience Partners. You will build long-lasting, strategic relationships across the broader DoorDash ecosystem, including Sales, Strategy & Operations, Product and Analytics, to enhance and continue to evolve the program. You will also implement and scale processes to improve operations and improve quality for the program at large. You will guide strategy and operations, performance management and people leadership for this growing team!
This person will be analytical, have a demonstrated track record of relentless, effective execution, and be eager to lead their team of people leaders through challenging growth and process optimization. Direct experience in being a key leader for a top-tier, global customer support operation is highly valued but not required; we are looking for a people-centric, data-driven, action-oriented, analytical problem solver first and foremost.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead a team of 'account management within Support' leaders to improve the merchant experience at DoorDash
- Identify and target performance improvement opportunities and scale processes to achieve essential goals
- Launch and communicate change management programs to achieve strategic goals to Supervisors and cascade change plans to Associates
- Partner with the broader Merchant Experience S&O team on major strategic plans, including managing and defining quarterly walks, plans and data analysis
- Monitor and have direct ownership / responsibility of important quality metrics (i.e. First Contact Resolution, CSAT) and headwinds, and understand the impact of external variables that might affect results
- Build internal partnerships, including regular syncs with senior leaders within different Merchant Cohort Sales Organizations (Senior Manager +) to obtain regular feedback on the MXP program and recommend improvements to both the program itself and the high-level partnership
- Launch and oversee several differentiating engagement models for MXPs with their Merchant Books of Business, including 1) Calling / intros 2) Operational Metrics monitoring of their Books of Business 3) Manage all NPS feedback from merchants 4) Pilots including covering unmanaged merchants from the beginning of their lifecycle at DoorDash
- Lead recruiting for the MXP team including MXP leadership such as Supervisors and Managers and MXPs by defining the hiring profile, process, and onboarding strategy
- Work with Analytics and Workforce Management to maintain mapping and load balance Merchant Books of Business with MXP assignments
We're excited about you because…
- You have 8+ years of professional experience in management consulting, customer experience, technology, supply chain or other relevant fields
- You have 8+ years experience leading a large, high-performing and versatile team
- You’re collaborative and will quickly develop productive relationships within your team and internal stakeholders
- You’re a leader and an owner with a track record of driving change in demanding operating environments
- You’re comfortable leveraging tools and data to identify and solution inefficiencies
- You’re action-oriented, never letting great be the enemy of the good; you stay oriented to the goal you’re trying to achieve and act with urgency to achieve it
- You're focused on quality, and output motivated and can dig into the lowest level of detail to understand what is driving a problem and summarize essential takeaways
- You are focused on the customer experience and always want to do right by our merchants
- You are always aiming to push yourself and your team to be 1% better and improve operations over time
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.