About the Team
Strategy & Operations is the engine that drives the DoorDash business forward, leading priority areas for the company, developing strategies, and driving business outcomes. DoorDash embraces and invests in this function because of our belief in an ownership mentality — our employees can develop the strategy and execute it.
DoorDash is looking for a hands-on builder and leader to play a pivotal role in building differentiated customer experiences as part of the Customer Growth team.
About the Role
The Strategy & Operations Senior Associate role is for self-motivated, ownership minded individuals who enjoy creating customer experiences leveraging both art and science, thrive on solving complex problems using both data and empathy, collaborate across the organization, and execute to bring strategies to life.
You will report into our Strategy & Operations Senior Manager on our Customer Growth team. This is a hybrid role with some time in-office and some time remote, ideally in Sydney or Melbourne.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategise – Devise and execute the overall operational strategy for DoorDash in-app merchandising and other volume growth initiatives
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Australia and International teams, such as Strategy & Operations, Marketing, Partnerships, Product, Engineering and Finance
- Experiment - Use a data-driven approach and deep market knowledge to identify improvement opportunities, run tests and make our business 1% better everyday
- Own & build - You are ultimately responsible for customer conversion through in-app merchandising / product launches, and cross-functional ownership of volume cadences
- Grow - there is ample room for professional development and to own additional scope and special projects related to consumer and marketplace side of the business
We're excited about you because…
- You are both a generalist and specialist - you can build the overarching strategy and deep dive into specific issues and processes to drive continuous improvement
- You have 4+ years experience - in consulting / strategy / operations / digital marketing / product / technology / analytics. High-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus.
- Proven analytical skills - you have a working knowledge of SQL, can build financial models using Google Sheets or Excel, and can build dashboards to track key metrics
- You are a self starter who is biased towards action and excels in a fast-paced
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.