About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Senior Manager of Content Design who will serve as the Head of our Content Design function and lead our talented team of content designers operating across DoorDash. This leader will align the vision of the voice and tone of our product and drive cohesion of our product narratives across DoorDash customers, merchants, and dashers.
You will report to the Head of Design Foundations on our Product Design team in our Product organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office in one of our Bay Area locations or our Seattle office, and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Drive a consistent voice and tone for DoorDash across our products.
- Shape how people experience DoorDash through language.
- Invest and grow the discipline. Lead a team of very talented individuals and maximize their potential.
- Determine the best team strategy and staffing model that will align our business needs as well as with individual strength and growth areas.
- Establish a foundation that will allow us to scale and to usher our content design team into the next phase of maturity.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have experience establishing foundational standards, systems, and tools/resources for content design
- You thrive in environments that are ambiguous and you have experience influencing product strategy and you have a strong point-of-view that will help guide decision-making
- You love the details and enjoy operating at the lowest level of detail
- You have experience hiring, growing, and retaining high-performers including managing managers
- You get excited about regularly identifying challenges and seeing the opportunities that will allow us to build products that benefit our local communities and beyond
- You foster an inclusive culture where people’s diverse backgrounds and opinions are valued
- You have 10+ years of professional leadership experience in Content Design or a related field.
- You have 3+ years experience directly managing, coaching and developing full-time employees
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.