About the Team
The DoorDash Kitchens team is a part of DoorDash's New Delivery Models and launches and operates shared 'dark kitchens' for restaurateurs looking to grow their business. This is a small but mighty team helping scale DoorDash Kitchens.
About the Role
You’ll prepare the meal and upkeep the high standard of our merchant partners/brands, while maintaining a clean kitchen area, and organization and storage for multiple culinary concepts in our DoorDash operated kitchen. You will collect, clean, and distribute cookware throughout your shift, and set the example for keeping the kitchen spotless. You will receive and organize inventory, and support other cooks and kitchen managers with daily food prep and projects. You will help maintain general kitchen pars, report shortages and inform the manager when items need to be reordered. You will maintain kitchen cleanliness, comply with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage, and clean and sanitize cooking surfaces at the end of the shift. You will report to the Kitchen Manager.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you...
- Love to work on a team and contribute to team culture
- Believe no project is too big or small
- Are cuisine-curious and love to cook across multiple culinary concepts
- Want to work in new restaurant models including delivery-only environments.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 1 year or more experience as a dishwasher, prep cook or line cook in a high volume kitchen environment including fast-casual, QSR, and from-scratch restaurants
- You have experience receiving and organizing restaurant inventory using the FIFO method
- You have experience preparing food from scratch, making hot and cold sauces, and have basic knife skills
- You are ServeSafe certified (or are willing to become certified) and you take initiative to keep the whole kitchen clean, if you see something that requires attention you take action, you don’t leave it for the next person
- You are highly organized, work well under pressure and execute tasks with speed, accuracy and attention to detail
- You are keen on learning new things
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.