About the Team
The Merchant engineering org team is building the platform to empower local businesses to connect with consumers in the convenience economy – enabling frictionless signup & onboarding, reliable order transmission across a variety of protocols, and increased business insights to help grow sales. We provide the suite of services for all merchants to efficiently manage and grow their businesses.
The Tax team’s vision is to be the most trusted compliance partner by collecting and remitting tax accurately, while delivering industry-leading tax solutions.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager to oversee Tax Engineering. You’ll lead a full-stack team that’s building the platforms and services to automate and streamline tax compliance with accurate calculation, collection, and remittance for all transactions that occur on the DoorDash platform. In addition, your team will own the suite of tax products that empower our merchant partners to scale their businesses. You will up-level our ecosystem, grow the team, and partner with key stakeholders to create a vision and a roadmap of the future.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Grow and lead a team of 8-10 engineers, that build valuable financial services for our merchants to operate their businesses
- Build an industry-leading tax platform
- Define your roadmap and vision by collaborating with stakeholders including finance partners, product managers, and operations teams
- Own the hiring process for your team, by partnering with Recruiting to grow a diverse and inclusive organization
- Be a coach and invest in the career development of team members
We’re excited about you because…
- You have BS, M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or related field
- You have 3+ years of experience in people management, leading high-scale, platform engineering teams, as well as full-stack teams (web and backend)
- You have 8+ years of industry experience
- You have prior experience working in a Cloud environment, such as AWS
- You’re an owner - focused and motivated to take ownership of your technical area
- You're humble - willing to jump in and open to feedback
- You're empathetic - you have deep care for your customers and your team in order to balance product priorities and team morale
- You are adaptable and resilient - things change quickly in our fast-paced environment
- You’re growth-minded - eager to expand your skill set and carve out your path
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.