About the Team
DoorDash Drive is our hyper-growth fulfillment platform (“white-label”) serving restaurants, grocers and retailers across the United States, Canada, Australia and Japan. The Voice Ordering team is responsible for helping our merchants optimize their 1st party channel by increasing phone order conversion and in-store efficiency.
About the Role
As an Associate Manager on the Voice Ordering team, you will play a critical leadership role in building and scaling one of the fastest growing businesses within DoorDash and building what is set to be the #1 voice ordering solution. This critical service allows Merchants to outsource taking orders over the phone, while also increasing order conversion rate and delivering a best in class consumer experience. The team has seen early success and we're looking for a very strong Associate Manager to:
- Lead Merchant relationships from pitch to pilot to full store rollouts
- Use a first-principles (Merchant led) approach to influence the strategy for this fast growing business
- Set and maintain volume and quality goals that surpass Merchant expectations
- Partner with cross functional partners to develop and optimize processes that will allow our team to efficiently scale as our business grows exponentially
You are a first-principles thinker who is both a strategist and a builder. You’ll help define the vision, own and scale this massive opportunity, and work with product, sales, operations, business development, finance and other teams to make that vision a reality.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Steer the development, adoption, scaling of Voice Ordering
- Define the long term vision and product needed to offer best in class experience for merchants and consumers
- Work with business development, sales and account management to contribute to pitch decks and sales content to help create new business opportunities
- Develop long-term business plans alongside our collaborators and customers to grow our businesses together
- Implement product testing and roll-outs on the ground
- Build processes that allow Voice Ordering to scale
We’re excited about you because…
- 4+ years of experience in a client facing and/or product oriented role at either technology companies or consulting firms
- Display a high degree of ownership for projects
- Passion for building a business from 0 to 1
- Aren’t afraid of failure, and have demonstrated success in the face of roadblocks
- Strong data retrieval, analytics and presentation skills required
- Very strong verbal and written communicator
- Comfortable being in front of clients / merchants and navigating complex relationships with enterprise brands
- Can influence an organization with strategy & by building relationships
- Experience with contact centers, telephony systems, and/or the restaurant industry is a plus but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.