About the Team
The Consumer Experience team focuses on making DoorDash the best way for consumers to connect with everything their neighborhood has to offer and drives the end-to-end consumer experience on the DoorDash marketplace. We are building towards personalized consumer journeys, inspiring pages for restaurants and retail categories, intuitive search, and trustworthy reviews to accelerate marketplace growth.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a leader to drive the vision and strategy for delighting consumers during our largest and most impactful occasions of the year - our “tentpole” consumer moments. From the start of Football season to the giftable moments like Valentine’s Day, to our tentpole DoorDash curated moments like Summer of DashPass and Deck the Doorstep – occasions are a critical opportunity to increase consumer & merchant engagement and drive sustainable marketplace growth. We are looking for someone who can build and iterate upon a customer-first strategy for our largest-scale occasions while simultaneously managing and executing the day-to-day actions necessary to achieve our goals. You will partner with Product, Analytics, Marketing and other cross-functional teams to drive the tentpole occasions roadmap, go-to-market strategy and customer experience, managing and reporting on team OKRs, and implementing real-time optimizations for how we operate against these moments. You have a passion for delighting consumers and have excellent project management skills, and have a proven track record of leading cross functional teams towards a shared vision. You feel comfortable structuring goals, outlining the ‘why’ and holding teams accountable to flawless execution.
You will report to the Director, User Growth and Consumer Experience in our Consumer Growth Strategy & Operations organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build & Own – Crafting a framework for approaching these Occasions will not be easy. You must be comfortable with ambiguity & embrace the challenge of having multiple paths forward and many right answers.
- Operate at the Lowest Level of Detail – You will need to bring multi-channel campaigns to life, dive into data, and obsess over user journeys to make sure we create a best in class experience that delights every customer and creates value for every merchant.
- Lead & Advocate – This leader will need to bring cross-functional stakeholders along as we build and scale. They must be able to advocate for their business, measure success, ask for help when needed, and lead team members across functions - incl. ads, marketing, product, and analytics - to deliver results.
- Build & Own – Craft the vision, strategy, and roadmap for DoorDash’s homepage – striking a balance between business goals & customer-first solutions. Manage towards quarterly goals and lead the team to hit objectives.
- Influence - Influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of functions internally and externally. You will advocate for the consumer & homepage metrics, align with stakeholders on tradeoffs, and lead team members across product, analytics, & more.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are entrepreneurial and thrive in fast-paced environments. You have a strong bias for action and want to shape the vision and direction of the company. You don't hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you're just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team.
- You're a strong operator and experience leading cross-functional projects. You have a talent for managing complex projects and enjoy implementing processes & building playbooks to increase efficiency. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You like data and summarizing complex problems. You let data win arguments, are comfortable distilling meaningful metrics from large datasets and are excited to use Excel and SQL in your role.
- You are a humble leader and crave responsibility. You can build a diverse team of strong performers, influencing and motivating people at all levels across a variety of job functions, and helping champion development of DoorDash's future leaders
- You have 8+ years of experience in product marketing, program management, operations, technology, consulting, strategy, business development, high-growth or early-stage startup or related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or Master’s Degree a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.