About the Team
DoorDash Drive is our company's hyper-growth platform team serving restaurants, grocers and retailers on a global scale. The Senior Manager, Growth Strategy & Operations, will own the P&L, fulfillment strategy, profitability and operations for one of our highest growth potential businesses - Pharma - as well as incubating and launching net-new growth vectors. This role reports directly to the Director of US Non-Restaurant Platform Services.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly entrepreneurial individual who enjoys rolling their sleeves up to join our Non-Restaurant rocketship on Drive - DoorDash’s white label fulfillment and platform product. By getting deep to the problem and opportunity statements our audiences face, you will scale business with the biggest Enterprise partners in the world and unlock accessibility to local pharmacies on their own terms. You are a first-principles thinker who is both a strategist and a builder. Reporting to the Director of US Non-Restaurant Platform Services, you’ll work with product, engineering, sales, operations, business development, and other teams to make your vision a reality. This role will start as an individual contributor, with high potential to be leading a team of multiple direct reports within 12 months.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Steer the development, adoption and scaling of Pharma and other net-new growth levers
- Alongside the Director, US Platform Non-Restaurant, and an all-star team of peers, steer excellence in the financial and operational drivers of businesses in the fulfillment sector & new capabilities beyond delivery - let’s go!
- Author long term business plans alongside collaborators and customers to grow our businesses together, thinking at a deeply strategic level about the success now and 5-10+ years out
- Execute product testing and roll-outs on the ground; you are a cross functional success enabler
- Collaborate with stakeholders across DoorDash to align companywide resources to help build-out our fulfillment business and partner with your peers to bring new products and services to your merchants
We’re excited about you because…
- 8+ years of experience with 5+ years of cross-functional work (you are willing to go above and beyond for your cross-functional stakeholders)
- 3+ years of leadership and management experience (you can also manage and exert influence beyond direct reports)
- You have a bias towards action and can thrive in a fast moving, at times high pressure, environment
- You crave responsibility and want to help shape the vision and direction of the Company
- You're thrive in getting to the lowest level of detail and you're open to feedback
- You have led and motivated a team before
- You have a talent for summarizing complex problems, and can translate high-level goals into relevant and actionable plans
- You have experience in a complex or high-growth environment
- You have strong data retrieval, analytics and presentation skills
- You have functional, basic, knowledge of SQL
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Masters Degree a plus
- Logistics, Product Management, Business Operations and/or Partnerships experience a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.