About the Team
DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager with product sense to lead teams within Growth in San Francisco or Seattle. This team is responsible for handling a number of initiatives that will fuel DoorDash’s growth in the coming years and beyond. These teams consist of Engineers from Backend, Frontend, Mobile and ML backgrounds and partner with a number of cross functional orgs throughout DoorDash.
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers. At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems to beautiful and thoughtful user interfaces, to scaling products that will automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible. The growth team is responsible for the products that help us acquire millions of new DoorDash customers every quarter and drive millions of incremental orders every month.
About the Role
As the manager, you will manage a full-stack engineering team across mobile, web, and backend platforms. We design and build a new ecosystem to fuel the acquisition and engagement of consumers throughout their journey. It knows users' interests, personalized communication content, and reaches out at the right time. We empower our internal teams to self-serve and launch workflows for 25M monthly active users, with no more waiting on Eng resources! The end goal is to set the standard for digital storefronts to recreate local shopping experience in the palm of your hand.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage a full-stack team with iOS, Android, web, and backend engineers
- Directly work with Product, Design, Business stakeholders across DoorDash to define the roadmap and vision for the team and deliver immense impact
- Build an outstanding team by coaching engineers, empowering engineers through delegation, and applying your technical expertise to hold your team to the highest engineering standards
- Scale the team by developing internal talents and attracting top talents
We're excited about you because...
- Committed - you’ll do whatever it takes to deliver.
- You’re an owner - you own the outcome regardless of the circumstances.
- Customer obsessed - you care about DoorDash customers globally, from consumers to dashers and merchants.
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced company and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Humble - you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback.
- Growth-minded - you enjoy driving projects to hit business goals and growing DoorDash business globally.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience
- Strong hands-on experience with one or more client platforms (iOS, Android, web), cross-team collaboration, and building scalable products in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience in building user-facing product and working directly with product managers
- Ability to guide and grow an excellent engineering team in a rapidly changing business environment
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.