What we’re doing
DoorDash is building innovative kitchen formats that cater to the on-demand economy. These are kitchens tailored to off-premise (delivery, catering, pick-up, etc) with a minimum storefront. Our goal is to create the future of food delivery with a faster service and higher quality.
Who you are
You have experience in one of these industries: food and beverage, hospitality, or logistics/fulfillment in front-of-the house or administrative/facilities roles. You have a passion for customer service and are ready for a new challenge: to reinvent the kitchen for the modern age! You always believe there’s a better way and never settle for mediocre service or product. You are humble and professional.
Broad job description
You will help manage the day-to-day operations of a shared-use, commercial kitchen housing multiple restaurant operators and back of house teams, ensuring that food orders are quickly going out to our delivery drivers with 100% accuracy and delivering great customer experiences. You are an expert in processes, resources and systems used to fulfill delivery orders. You can coach junior level staff, uncover issues and seek out improvement opportunities to streamline operations. Support Operations Supervisor by being a collaborator and aiding in the rollout of new improvement plans.This position reports directly to the Operations Supervisor, Kitchens.
- Assist merchants with expediting completed orders to pick up area and to Dashers
- Responsible for fulfilling front of house orders and maintaining associated prep area
- Responsible for executing occasional DoorDash Kitchen tests of products and services
- Manage customer complaints with thoughtfulness and maintain the integrity of the operation.
Coaching and Training
- Train associates and provide informal coaching where opportunities arise
Expert on Processes and Procedures
- Maintain a full understanding of SOPs and be the go-to person for questions for junior staff.
- Problem-solve routine issues by using expertise in company processes, systems and resources. Actively engage and collaborate with managers to implement new operational improvements.
- Opening & closing of the facility
- Receive supplier deliveries and manage inventory
- Personally clean and organize shared spaces daily including pick-up area, office, bathrooms and breakroom
- Provide basic maintenance and repairs to facility needed to continue operations
- Work with DoorDash Support agents to provide technical assistance to merchants (IT, phones, tablets, kitchen equipment, etc.)
- Standard operating procedures compliance & monitoring
- Ensure safe food handling procedures
- Manage the shared storage areas of the facility
Required experience and skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, other associates, hourly employees and dashers while making decisions quickly and delegating responsibilities accordingly.
- Basic skills to make emergency repairs and conduct maintenance on the facility with basic tools provided.
- Strong organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints with particular attention to detail and quality of service.
Nice to haves
- 1-2 years of previous experience in the food and beverage industry.
- At least 1 year of training experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, G Suite, Salesforce and Point-of-Sale Software.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be comfortable working in a commercial kitchen
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, able to lift up to 50 lbs and able to participate in all service aspects and training
Availability to work
Night, weekend and holiday availability is required.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
DoorDash also offers benefits for part-time employees which include a 401(k) plan including an employer match, paid vacation, paid sick time, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays.