About the Team
The Employee Experience & Development (EED) team is responsible for designing and delivering enterprise-wide experiences and development programs to drive employee engagement, career growth, and retention at scale. These programs set our employees up to succeed through six focus areas: (1) New Hire Onboarding, (2) Learning & Development, (3) Internal Mobility, (4) Employee Recognition, (5) Inclusion & Belonging, and (6) Customer Obsession programs that connect employees with our merchants, Dashers and consumers.
We are a nimble, high-impact team whose cross-functional work connects, develops, and motivates our people to do more than they ever thought possible. We are the voice of the employee in every room, and our work touches every corner of the company.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly analytical and data-driven individual to join our EED team as a Senior Analyst, providing insights on program adoption and effectiveness to continually improve our strategy. You will be responsible for designing measurement strategies to analyze the impact of our EED programs on key people metrics such as employee performance, engagement, retention, and overall business outcomes. You will report to the Director of Employee Experience & Development at DoorDash, within the broader Talent Management & Rewards organization.
This role will work closely with our EED program managers, People Analytics, People Technology, and other stakeholders to measure the success and long-term impact of our engagement and development programs. We expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote, anchored to whichever corporate office you are closest to.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Design our team-wide measurement methodology and implement a scaled approach to analyzing the reach and impact of our core development and engagement programs.
- Conduct comprehensive analyses of the impacts of EED program participation on employee engagement, retention, performance, advancement, and business outcomes.
- Use your expert analytical skills combined with your strong communication skills to present engagement and development insights to stakeholders across the People Team.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive database and dashboards (via Tableau, Qualtrics, etc.) of EED program results to track progress and report on impact, and identify trends to inform our EE strategy.
- Design and conduct surveys, focus groups, and other research methods to gather data on the quality, relevance, and business impact of our employee experience and career development programs.
- Provide insights and recommendations to team leadership based on data analysis.
- Evaluate market trends to inform our measurement strategy.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research and best practices in Employee Engagement and Learning & Development evaluation and analytics.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Have a bachelor's degree with 6+ years, a Master’s degree with 4+ years, or a Ph.D. with demonstrated relevant experience in a field of quantitative social science (experimental psychology, neuroscience, public health, or similar), economics, or a relevant STEM discipline.
- Have experience in people-centered analytics (learning & development, employee experience, employee engagement, or related HR fields).
- Have proven expertise in program measurement and evaluation, including impact measurement, evaluating program effectiveness, and developing new metrics/measures.
- Have proficiency in statistics, including probability, A/B testing, linear regressions, and fundamentals of experiment design.
- Have demonstrated familiarity with Qualtrics, SQL and computational programming languages (e.g., R, Python)
- Have strong experience in survey design and analysis techniques to measure employee satisfaction, knowledge utilization, and business impact.
- Have experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and/or other learning technologies.
- Have strong data visualization skills and are able to effectively present those findings to cross-functional partners and senior leaders with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Demonstrated expertise independently producing written documents describing analyses from start to finish.
- Have strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Have the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and can adapt to changing business needs.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and are able to work with stakeholders to find the right questions as well as the right answers.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.