CANDIDATE AND EMPLOYMENT PRIVACY NOTICE REGARDING THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA FOR EU INDIVIDUALS
Effective Date: May 17, 2020
DoorDash, Inc. (the “Company” or “we”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of PersonalData (defined below) about you, namely as it pertains to purposes of recruitment and employment, as described in this privacy notice which is specific to data subjects from the European Economic Area, as it is defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. An identifiable individual is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular reference to an identification number, or to one or more factors specific to his or her physical, genetic, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Examples of Personal Data include first and last name, address, phone number, email address, payment information, and banking information. WHAT CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
We may collect the following categories of Personal Data for the following purposes:
1. For employment related purposes (i.e. hiring decisions and carrying out the employment contract) we process the following Personal Data: ● name, address, email address, age or date of birth, or contact details
● CV and all provided data concerning your former employment or education history ● bank account number and bank details
● health insurance information
● social security number
● employment related information, such as employment status (full-time or part-time, regular or temporary), work schedule, job assignments, the desired position and salary, and other job preferences
The legal basis for this data processing is Section 26 (1) BDSG, Art. 88 (1) GDPR.
2. Further to comply with legal obligations derived from labor law we may also process special categories of personal data (for example health data for sick days and sick pay). The legal basis for this data processing is Section 26 (3) BDSG, Art. 88 (1), Art. 9 (1) GDPR.SOURCES OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect Personal Data directly from you. We may also collect personal data from other sources forour hiring decision and related purposes. For example, we may collect information from:
● Prior employers (e.g., for references) ● Professional references you provide to us
● Educational institutions
● Publicly available sources such as your social media profile (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook)● Third parties as necessary for providing you with benefits and ancillary services
● Other sources as directed by you
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share your Personal Data with other employees, contractors, and consultants to evaluate your qualifications, communicate with you, inform you of potential employment opportunities at DoorDash, prepare employment offers, improve our recruitment process, as part of the DoorDash referral program, or perform employment checks as permitted by law. These individuals may include your managers and personnel in HR, IT, Cybersecurity, Legal, Finance, Accounting and Internal Audit and other departments as may be necessary. Further, all personnel may have access to general information such as your name, position, and business contact information.
In addition, for example, we share your Personal Data with the following parties:
● Affiliates: We may share your Personal Data with DoorDash subsidiaries and affiliates.
● Data Processors: We use service providers to operate, host and facilitate our operations and business (including human resources operations). These may include hosting, technology and communication providers to manage and provide you with our services; security and fraud prevention consultants to improve our technical infrastructure and operations; analytics providers to analyze information for trends and statistics or business purposes; background and reference check screening services to conduct our recruitment and employment processes; and hiring process and benefits management and administration tools so that we can provide employment services and benefits. We work with Data Processors that are located in the United States.
● Government authorities and law enforcement: In certain situations, we may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. ● Business transfers: Your Personal Data may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part). ● Professional advisors: We may share your Personal Data with our professional advisors such as auditors, lawyers, and insurers. ● Other: We may also share your Personal Data with third parties for purposes of fulfilling our legal obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities; protecting the rights, property or safety of you, us or another party; enforcing any agreements with you; responding to claims; and resolving disputes.
We will retain your Personal Data for a period of 3 years after your last application date. If you are an unsuccessful candidate, we will retain your Personal Data for 6 months or for a period of 3 years with your consent. We will also retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
DATA TRANSFER TO THIRD PARTIES
If you are applying for a position with DoorDash from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the PersonalData collected about you, as described in this policy, may be transferred to our servers in the UnitedStates. Authorized employees or vendors of DoorDash at our locations outside of the United States may have access to your data as part of the employment or recruitment process. If you are from the EEA, we transfer your Personal Data on the basis of the Standard Contractual Clauses or other transfer mechanism as approved by law. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
You have the following rights:
● Right to information and access to personal data we process about you;
● Right to correct or delete or to limit the processing of your personal data; ● Right of refusal and withdrawal of consent;
● Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing; ● Right to data transferability (i.e. receiving your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format);
● Right to appeal to the competent supervisory authority;
● Right to object to the processing of your personal data, particularly if the data processing is based on our legitimate interests.
To exercise these rights please contact [email protected] CONTACT FOR QUESTIONS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or the collection of your PersonalData, please contact us at [email protected]
or at the address below:
Attn: Data Protection Officer303 2nd St, Suite 800
San Francisco, CA 94107